Source Group are currently working with a world-renowned Organisation in the Defence space as they look to recruit a fully remote Technical Author for an initial 9-month contract.
Technical Author – 9 months (Remote)
- Coordinate with Management and relevant Sections to assist with the development and coordination of document and drawing requirements for projects and tasks involving multiple sections.
- Maintain an awareness of systems including equipment status and tracking of future system activities (current operational status, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, exercises, and testing)
- Ensures that technical manuals, documents, and drawings are kept current and advise if amendments are required.
- Provide weekly reports to Management and daily reporting as necessary.
- Required Security Clearance
- Experienced in the use of ASD Simplified Technical English (ASDSTE100), formerly known as AECMA Simplified English and mandatory for writing aerospace and defense documentation.
- Experienced in CAD demonstrated by vocational training in Autodesk Inventor knowledge or similar to at least Certified User level.
- Proven experience in ADP demonstrating knowledge in Computer Essentials, Word Processing and IT Security. Proving experience in Microsoft Office and Visio applications with a working knowledge of typical design office user equipment.
- Experience in the development and support for maintaining a documentation library
- Proven ability to work with and create documentation such as Technical manuals, Network topologies (both physical and logical) and CIS handover/ takeover (HO/TO Manuals).
- Experience with using Graphical User Interface and command-line interface applications and the reporting of details of hardware and software installed for configuration management.
- Working knowledge or experience with the Oracle logistics tool (i.e. Oracle Order Management/Inventory Management).
- Show critical thinking and problem-solving to approach every task and problem with an analytical mind taking minimum risks before deciding which solution is best.
For more information or to discuss this role in more details please get in touch.
Apply Back to search