Your application has been received, thank you. One of our team members will be in touch.
We are looking for 2x Big Data Support Engineers to join a leading consulting company in Zurich.
#Roles and responsibility:
- Continuous improvement of existing big data platform (size > 5PB) hosted on Cloudera stack.
- Adding data nodes, Cloudera services and support.
- Handling hive, impala, spark processing issues.
- Integration of API calls with Hadoop and analytical processing layer, using python and shell scripting.
- Setting jobs for cluster admin automation.
- Platform tenant support, such as access, setting up new control-M jobs, onboarding tenants, resolving security/access issues.
- setting up jobs for feed transfer, ingestions.
- knowledge of Hadoop components such as HDFS, Spark, HUE, Impala, hive, HBase and Kafka.
- Should able to understand Hadoop security such as Kerberos, impersonification, ACLs etc.
- Basic programing skills in python and shell.
- Should know batch processing framework such as Rundeck, control M.
- Strong Unix skills will be advantage
- Hadoop admin using Cloudera will be advantage
- Excellent organizational skills as well as a very detailed and efficient work approach
Apply Back to searchSource News